At Environics Analytics, respecting privacy is an important part of our commitment to our clients, staff and the general public. We are committed to high standards that require honesty, integrity and fairness. We act in strict accordance with the Data and Marketing Association’s Guidelines for Ethical Business Practices and the Canadian Marketing Association’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, which are mandatory for all members.
Who We Are
Environics Analytics' (“EA”) primary business is to provide marketing data to clients in Canada and the U.S. The data products that EA creates, uses and shares with clients are composed of anonymized, geo-demographic or survey data at the postal code or dissemination area in Canada and at the ZIP+6 or Block Group level in the U.S. We do not collect, use or disclose any personally identifiable information (PII) in the creation of these data products.
EA adheres to strict privacy principles.
EA values and adheres to a comprehensive set of tools that enable EA to be an active member of the privacy compliance community.
The following are EA's privacy principles:
- EA only uses 100% privacy-compliant data as inputs for product development.
- Personal Information provided to EA by clients is used solely for the purpose of their business and is safeguarded in client-specific firewalled locations in secure data centres.
- Personal Information that we process for any purpose or purposes is not kept longer than we determine is reasonably necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- EA complies with legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal Information is only to be used for the purposes to which the provider consented.
- Personal Information held on behalf of clients is not shared with any third party under any circumstances unless there was explicit consent to the sharing.
- No Personal Information is used by Environics Analytics in the development of data products.
- Data products are modeled from statistical Information for geographic aggregations using well-accepted statistical modelling techniques or are aggregations of completely anonymized data and fully conform to all privacy legislation in Canada, the United States and Europe and to all standards set by organizations such as Statistics Canada.
- EA is SOC1 Type 2 , SOC2 Type 2 and HIPAA compliant - the highest auditable standards for data processing, security and privacy.
- EA is aligned with the standards of the industry self-regulatory standards such as the DAA OBA Principles and the NAI Code of Conduct.
- EA operates in accordance with strict privacy and security policies and procedures, consistent with Canadian, U.S. and EU privacy laws and regulations (including PIPEDA, GLBA, CCPA, GDPR).
Environics Analytics understands that you take privacy seriously. These privacy policies are intended to be a guide to help you manage your expectations whether you are a visitor to the EA website or a client inquiring about how EA addresses privacy.
New Supplier Code of Conduct policy: The purpose of this policy is to address our expectations of our supplier organizations regarding Ethical Business practices, Environment, Social, Labour, and Human Rights requirements.
New Environmental, Social and Governance policy: Environics Analytics (EA) has a strong belief that Environmental business practices are required for economic growth. EA has a strong commitment to equality and ensuring that all employees are treated equally regardless of sex, gender, visible minority status or any other physical attributes - as aligned with our Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy (in the Employee Guide). This policy defines generally accepted practices and standards as it pertains to ensuring awareness and compliance to our ethical business operations.
We are a member of both the Data and Marketing Association (DMA) and the Canadian Marketing Association (CMA) and we abide by their ethical guidelines. We encourage all our clients to keep an updated list of individuals and businesses who have requested that they do not receive any third-party advertising from and register with DMAchoice at https://dmachoice.thedma.org/register.php in the U.S. or the CMA’s Do Not Mail Service in Canada www.the-cma.org/consumers/do-not-mail which are described below.
Consumers can reduce unwanted telemarketing calls by registering their telephone number with the federal Do Not Call Registry in the U.S. or the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission’s National Do Not Call List (National DNCL) in Canada.
You can register for the Federal Do Not Call Registry by visiting donotcall.gov.
You can register for the National Do Not Call List by visiting https://lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en
Privacy practices for the data that power Environics Analytics products and services.
Privacy practices for the website and corporate operations, including but not limited to marketing.
EA’s company-wide mandatory training and practices for all staff members, which is conducted on a yearly basis as part of our ongoing commitment to data privacy and security awareness.
How to Contact EA Regarding Privacy or Security
EA has appointed a Chief Privacy Officer (CPO) to ensure accountability, to effectively manage a privacy management program designed to protect privacy and for setting policies and processes. Contacting EA regarding complaints, report security incidents, express concerns and feedback regarding EA privacy and security practices can be done by emailing, phoning, or mailing the Chief Privacy Officer using the information below.
In addition, requests for individual access or any other inquiry regarding our privacy practices should be sent to the Chief Privacy Officer using the same information below.
EA will respond in a timely manner to your requests.
Person in Charge for Privacy
James P. Smith - Environics Analytics Chief Privacy Officer
Phone: 888.339.3304 x1498
Or by Mail
Atten: James P. Smith - Environics Analytics Chief Privacy Officer
33 Bloor Street East Suite 400
Toronto ON M4W 3H1
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 28, 2023