Reporting to the Vice President of Standard Research, the Research Analyst is responsible for completing client project work in a timely manner using standard practices and a variety of database and software tools. This individual must be detail oriented, have strong quantitative skills and enjoy working with databases.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To effectively fulfill the responsibilities of this position, the employee must be able to do the following:
- Clean and geocode customer databases from a variety of sources and in different formats
- Create PRIZM profiles and ranking reports of customer data using database tools such as Alteryx, Excel and ENVISION
- Produce maps using GIS tools such as ArcGIS
- Create trade area and census reports
- Create addressed and unaddressed mail campaigns
- Analyze customer databases using data mining techniques
- Work closely with other staff in Client Services, Custom Research and Sales to meet client requirements
- Maintain quality control on all projects
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education – University degree Geography, Urban Planning, Economics or related field
- Experience - A minimum of one (1) year (combined) work experience in a related field
- Technical Skills - Skilled in Microsoft Office products, GIS products such as ArcGIS and database software. Knowledgeable about GIS, spatial analysis, geodemography, database design, data mining, mapping, trade area analysis, customer analysis, market penetration and market potential, retail analysis, demographics, segmentation and survey data. Experience with census data, geographic hierarchies, postal geography, target marketing, direct marketing, addressed and unaddressed mail campaigns, and response analysis. Must also have:
· Basic understanding of relational database management
· Experience with geodatabase structures, information and spatial data
· Experience with GIS and its applications
· Experience with available Canadian and US data sets
· Familiarity with predictive modeling methods
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Analytical Skills – Effectively researches and synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data and designs work flows and procedures.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make timely decisions, including appropriate people in the decision-making process and exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities effectively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, giving and welcoming feedback. Puts success of team above own interests and demonstrates ability to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Communication Skills – Able to clearly communicate ideas and expectations. Effectively listens for understanding and asks questions for clarification. Presents ideas effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal Skills – Approachable and easy to talk to. Relates well to all kinds of people in the organization. Able to effectively build rapport with others. Uses diplomacy and tact. Maintains composure and shows an ability to resolve conflicts and gain agreement.