The leading segmentation system for understanding Quebec’s customers and markets
An extension of the PRIZM® segmentation system, PRIZM QC offers 57 segments that capture the demographics, lifestyles and values in Quebec. PRIZM is a registered trademark of Claritas, LLC.
Featuring privacy-compliant data from dozens of marketing and media sources, PRIZM QC gives you access to over 30,000 data points and can be combined with your own customer data to create a 360-degree view of your best customers. From marketing strategies and site decisions to merchandising, mobile analytics and media planning, PRIZM QC powers decision-making.
Understand your customers
Identify top markets
Execute your strategy
Determine the right products, media and messages for reaching your customers.
Want to know more about PRIZM QC?
We're here to help.
See Quebec Through a Whole New PRIZM
Now in its fourth generation, PRIZM QC and the databases it connects to offer users access to more than 30,000 data points about Quebec consumers’ motivations and behaviours.
Gain a fresh perspective on Quebec’s distinct markets and communities
- 57 individually named and imaged segments illustrate the variety among Quebec’s lifestyles.
- New segments capture social currents including the growing prominence of millennials, an increasing senior population and the rise in multigenerational households
- A new "Urban Fringe" classification highlights once-suburban areas that are now much more urban as a result of intensification.
- 42 francophone segments and 15 that are anglophone or culturally diverse.
Download PRIZM QC Variables:
Answer key marketing questions about Quebec customers
- Who are they (age, wealth, diversity, education)?
- What are they like (sports, leisure, arts, spending)?
- Where do they live, work and shop?
- How do they think (psychographics, values)?
- How can they be reached (media preferences)?
Sample PRIZM data for free on the PRIZM postal code lookup.
Accurate, comprehensive and privacy-compliant information
- PRIZM QC is developed by leading experts in Quebec demographics and geography at city, provincial and regional levels.
- Access information at all levels of geography down to the postal code and dissemination area.
- Built with psychographic information to better understand the drivers behind behaviours and consumer choices.
Find more information about the PRIZM QC database including metadata, release notes, technical documents and glossaries on our community site.
Ready to turn data into actionable insights for your business?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The methodology that produced 58 segments for the last release—based on the 2011 Census and National Household Survey—produced 57 segments based on the latest data from StatsCan, our databases and other sources.
PRIZM QC undergoes an annual update, but the latest edition represents a complete rebuild, which occurs after every ten years—the time it takes for new neighbourhood formation.
Yes, PRIZM QC is created using anonymized, geodemographic or survey data at the postal code or dissemination area (DA) level in Quebec. We do not collect, use or disclose any personally identifiable information on any individual or household (PII).
The exurban classification disappeared as a result of suburban sprawl absorbing exurban communities. In addition, a new urbanity classification, “urban fringe,” emerged in major cities between urban and suburban areas that have become more urbanized over the last 30 years.
Among the key demographic trends evident in PRIZM QC are the aging Baby Boomer population, the growing prominence of Millennials, increasing cultural diversity—especially in and around Montreal—and more bilingual French-English speakers.
For a methodology statement on how we created PRIZM QC, see the Technical Documentation on our Community site.
PRIZM QC is designed to help companies that are based in Quebec, or have extensive business dealings there. PRIZM QC helps users to understand the lifestyles unique to Quebec, better connect with customers and clients, and target French-speaking consumers based on the language spoken at home.
More Data to Choose From
Enhance your data with our privacy compliant, authoritative databases. Choose from over 60 databases including financial, demographic, segmentation and behavioural data.